Friday, August 31, 2012

Review: TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo



TRESemmé Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo $5.99

You guys may not know this about me but I have long hair…and when I say long hair, I mean it’s pretty long. I’m sure I’m not the only one out there who sees hair washing as an absolute CHORE. Am I right? First you need to shampoo, then condition, then blow dry and even straighten or curl. It’s an absolute nightmare. But I would never EVER cut my hair…so I have to deal with it! We can’t always have the best of both worlds, huh?

So when I was at my local CVS & saw this TRESemmé Dry Shampoo just sitting on the shelf I figured I had to give it a try!

I’ve used it a few times, enough for me to get a good feel for it. I bought the volumizing dry shampoo for fine/oily hair – although it does come in a few other options as well. I can usually go two days without having to wash my hair without it looking really greasy. So I used this on the third day. It came out grey and according to the directions it says to spray, let it sit for 1-2 minutes & then massage it into your head.

I found that the gray color did disappear a bit after massaging it in. But it really didn’t give me much volume as it claims to do. The directions also say to reapply as needed throughout the day to freshen up your hair. Only problem is I would not carry this bottle around with me all day! Would anyone?!

I’ll spare you the pictures but at the end of the third day I have to say I wasn’t that impressed with this stuff. Although it did make my hair look decent when I left the house, by the time I got home my hair just looked a hot mess…which means I usually resort to just throwing it up into a bun anyway. But then again, I didn’t “reapply as needed” so I really don’t have anyone to blame but myself! Considering this is the first dry shampoo I’ve owned I can’t really complain. If I used it the right way I might have seen a difference!

And just for good measure, a nice little Nail of the Day! Essie’s Cute As a Button, one of my summer favorites!


Do you guys have any other suggestions for dry shampoos? Or a certain dry shampoo you swear by? Please share!!

2 comments:

  1. I think I'll give this dry shampoo a try. I've been looking for one and made a review for the suave dry shampoo, which didn't work for me.

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I'm still keeping an eye out for new ones to try out ;)

      Delete